Ariedo Braida will spend next week in Brazil running the rule over potential deals for Fluminense duo Gerson Santos de Silva and Robert Kenedy.
Barcelona have had an option to sign both players for several months and Braida will travel to South America himself as the treble winners decide whether they want to bring either of the teenagers to Catalonia.
"[Barça] have someone [in Brazil] and he has been working on these [deals]," Braida confirmed to Italian channel Gazzetta TV. "There has been an option to sign the two for a while now."
Gerson, 18, only broke into the Fluminense first team earlier this year, but his father has already held talks with the Catalan club.
On a visit to Barcelona to catch up with Neymar's family, Marcos Antonio da Silva spoke with Barça about their interest in his son, while he also spent time in Turin meeting with Juventus.
After an impressive showing at the recent South American U20 tournament, Gerson, an attacking midfielder by trade, has draw plenty of interest.
Kenedy, at 19, is slightly older and plays slightly further forward than Gerson.
Capped by Brazil at U17 and U20 level, he has made over 40 appearances for Fliminense, although his goal scoring record is not overly impressive.
Chelsea are also interested in him, but Braida could have the first say during his trip to Brazil.
- Name: Robert Kenedy Nunes do Nascimento.
- Place of birth: Santa Rita do Sapucaí (Minas Gerais).
- Date of birth: February 8, 1996.
- Position: Forward.
- Characteristics: Combination of strength (1.82 m) and technique. U17 and U20 international with Brazil. In the first team since 2013.
- Nama: Gerson Santos da Silva.
- Place of birth: Belford Roxo (Río de Janeiro).
- Date of birth: May 20, 1997.
- Position: Attacking midfield.
- Characteristics: Intelligent and technical, he's a hard working midfielder who gets into the area. He is also a Brazil U20 international.