Barcelona boss Luis Enrique in 10 phrases
Luis Enrique has been speaking to the media on Wednesday after Barcelona returned to training
Luis Enrique gave his first press conference of pre-season on Wedensday afternoon. These are his 10 best phrases:
1. Signings: "Signing players is not like going to the supermarket to buy things. It is a long process."
2. Xavi: "I've already spoke with Xavi. His future is still open. We are waiting for his decision."
3. Messi: "I don't feel like I have to recover him. I continue to think that he is the best player in world. All footballers have ups and downs."
4. Messi-Neymar-Suarez: "The more of the best players we have, the better. I am happy with all three of them. But we also need the help of everyone: Pedro, Rafinha, Deulofeu..."
5. Leadership: "I am the leader of the team. I want to ahieve the ascendency over my footballers. Leaders cannot be made, they have to appear spontaneously."
6. Goalkeeepers: "The starter at the moment would be Jordi Masip. I already know him from Barça B. But I'm not in a rush to make a decision. The goalkeeping situation at the club is very complex."
7. Mascherano: "He can play as a defender and in the pivote, which is his natural position. His versatility gives me more options."
8. Philosophy: "Barça must stay faithful to their principles, albeit with a greater variety of tactical options. We have to make football exciting. We have to get results and get them in an attractive style."
9. System: "We are going to use different tactics to surprise out rivals. We will not be a predictable team. It's interesting to open options which will complicate the lives of the opposition."
10. Luis Suarez: "It would be ideal to have him for the beginning of the season. But when we signed him we knew the circumstances."